History of Western Tract Mission
Still Spreading the Word
We are glad to offer you a free paperless copy of our 60th Anniversary Edition History of our
Mission. It comes complete with photos and because it comes in a PDF (Personal Document
File) format, it can be read on your computer, no matter what kind it is, if you have
Acrobat Reader is a Free program on the internet for reading PDF books and documents. Many already have it, but if you don't yet, just click on this link; Acrobat Reader to the Adobe site and download it. It will only take a a few moments.
Or, download this book first, and then get the Acrobat Reader. The place for the Reader is; Download History E-book!
See below for more free e-books!
How to Download
You will find Downloading explained simply and more detail at this page for
newcomers to the internet, http://www.newbieclub.com/download/
However, here are a few simple instructions. Downloading is very easy!
1. Click on the underlined link pointed out as the e-book download link.
2. Your computer will pop up a little File Download window asking you if you want to download. (At least that's what it's called on a Windows PC; if you have an Apple it may have another name, but the same function). Make sure there is a dot or check by "save this file to disk," Then click OK.
3. A "Save As" window pops up, and you can go up and down your file ladder to find the folder where you would like to store this e-book. If you have
never done this before, may we suggest you create one called Library? Because you will find other free e-books on the internet and you may as well collect
them all in one place on your computer. Now click on Open.
4. The downloading starts immediately and you can watch in the next window the speed and time change. Do not be startled if it says at first it will take
30 minutes or more. Once it is downloading the data to your computer it will pick up speed. This particular book in the zip version will take about 7-8
minutes, at the average computer's dial-up speed. If you have a high speed computer, it will be zap, in about a minute!
5. Do not feel you are stuck waiting. Feel free to go visit other pages on our website. That will not affect the download. If the window disappears, and
it will when you click somewhere else, you can always, click on the grey File Download button on the Desktop bar at the bottom of your screen to make it
pop up again. When it is finished it will disappear.
6. At that time, or whenever... the next day, when it suits you, you can use "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer" to find your Library folder, and the name
of the e-book, wtmhistory.zip should show up there. Double click on it. This will bring up your Unzip window. Again, just click Open or Unzip, if you want
to keep it there. Otherwise use the Browse button to show it where you do want the .pdf files stored.
7. If Acrobat Reader is installed on your computer, when you click on one of these files with the .pdf ending, Acrobat Reader will be opened up with the book
right in it. Use the toolbar buttons in Acrobat to move the pages so you can see and read them all.
Various Versions of this E-book
There are many forms that e-books can take. Often it is a matter of know-how and what software one has access to for creating the different versions.
At present we have this history book in;
3 PDF files that are zipped together. Once unzipped you can read the 3 parts with the Acrobat Reader on any kind of computer. This is the link to download;
History of Western Tract Mission - Still Spreading the Word
As for paper or printed books, we had funds to print a very limited number for sale for $10 at the Anniversary celebrations March 31 and April 1, 2001. You
may contact us to find out if any copies are left. If so, you may order one by regular mail. To inquire please go to our
Contact Us form.
Two other electronic booklets are available NOW.
Following the instructions above, click on and download;
Someone is Calling You
This is an HTML book, and will open like a small website on your PC.
The Choice is Yours
- An excellent booklet showing you plainly how to choose Jesus.